Read our 2018 Report Card for McCaskill.
McCaskill is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2019 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McCaskill sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Jan 2, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
McCaskill was the primary sponsor of 14 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 3442 (115th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 105 Duff Street in Macon, Missouri, as the “Arla W. Harrell Post Office”.
- S. 1296: PRIVATE Act
- S. 795 (114th): A bill to enhance whistleblower protection for contractor and grantee employees.
- S. 2599 (114th): Truth in Hotel Advertising Act of 2016
- S. 2759 (113th): A bill to release the City of St. Clair, Missouri, from all restrictions, conditions, and limitations on the use, encumbrance, conveyance, and closure of the St. Clair ...
- S. 166 (113th): A bill to designate the new Interstate Route 70 bridge over the Mississippi River connecting St. Louis, Missouri and southwestern Illinois as the “Stan Musial Memorial Bridge”.
- S. 3293 (112th): Divisional Realignment Act of 2012
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McCaskill sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (30%) Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Transportation and Public Works (14%) Health (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Education (7%) Taxation (5%) Commerce (4%)
Some of McCaskill’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3565: Opioid Advocacy Transparency Act of 2018
- S.Res. 633: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that Congress should take all ...
- S. 3442 (115th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service ...
- S. 3386: E-Verify System Act of 2018
- S. 3320: Protecting Seniors with Student Loans Act of 2018
- S. 3301 (115th): A bill to implement recommendations related to the safety of amphibious passenger ...
- S. 3279: Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act of 2018
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2018, McCaskill missed 125 of 3,597 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: