Our unique analysis of the bills McCaskill has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McCaskill is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for McCaskill for more statistics.
Claire McCaskill sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, Senate Special Committee on Aging
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
McCaskill sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Government Operations and Politics (25%) Taxation (10%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Health (8%) Commerce (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (8%) Energy (6%)
Some of McCaskill’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3023: The Arla Harrell Act
- S. 2870: Military Retaliation Prevention Act
- S. 2715: National Security Whistleblower Protection Act of 2016
- S. 2714: Security Clearance Oversight and Accountability Act
- S. 2709: Contractor Accountability and Transparency Act of 2016
- S. 2599: Truth in Hotel Advertising Act of 2016
- S. 2550: Civic Duty Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Jul 2016, McCaskill missed 108 of 2,969 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: