Owens is the representative for Utah’s 4th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2021. Owens is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Owens is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Owens has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 28, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Clarence “Burgess” Owens sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and Labor
Workforce Protections subcommittees
- Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education subcommittee Ranking Member
- House Committee on the Judiciary
Owens sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Owens recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8187: To require technology grants to strengthen domestic mining education, and for other purposes.
- H.Res. 1180: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that fatherhood is essential to …
- H.R. 7942: Securing Our Students Act
- H.R. 6911: No Travel for Traffickers Act of 2022
- H.Res. 697: Condemning and censuring Representative Maxine Waters of California.
- H.R. 5392: To amend the Military Selective Service Act to allow women to elect to …
- H.R. 4698: Say No to Indoctrination Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2021 to Jun 2022, Owens missed 3 of 748 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: