Our unique analysis of the bills Harris sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into their position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Harris is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Harris’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4368 (102nd): To amend title 38, United States Code, to extend eligibility for burial ...
- H.J.Res. 425 (102nd): Designating May 10, 1992, as “Infant Mortality Awareness Day”.
- H.R. 4196 (102nd): To prohibit the Secretary of Veterans Affairs from carrying out the Rural ...
- H.J.Res. 194 (102nd): Designating May 12, 1991, as “Infant Mortality Awareness Day”.
- H.R. 4657 (101st): To provide that members of the Reserve and National Guard who participated ...
- H.J.Res. 546 (101st): Designating May 13, 1990, as Infant Mortality Awareness Day.
- H.R. 3955 (101st): National Fire Forces Mobilization Act of 1990
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Oct 1992, Harris missed 42 of 2,775 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 4.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills