Our unique analysis of the bills Higgins has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Higgins is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Clay Higgins sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Homeland Security
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Health
Higgins sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Higgins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3431: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow the volumetric excise ...
- H.R. 3367: To terminate the prohibitions on the exportation and importation of natural gas, and ...
- H.R. 3308: To require an audit and review of the caregiver programs of the Department ...
- H.R. 3285: Sustainable, Affordable, Fair, and Efficient (SAFE) National Flood Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of ...
- H.R. 2785: Veterans Emergency Room Relief Act of 2017
- H.R. 2752: United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Authorization Act
- H.R. 2751: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Authorization Act
|Higgins’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
From Jan 2017 to Jul 2017, Higgins missed 6 of 425 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: