Read our 2018 Report Card for Higgins.
Higgins is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Higgins has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Clay Higgins sits on the following committees:
Higgins sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Higgins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4314: To amend title 10, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of Defense ...
- H.R. 3719: CTPAT Reauthorization Act of 2019
- H.R. 3358: Advanced Nuclear Energy Technologies Act
- H.R. 3273: Combating Transnational Criminal Organizations Act of 2019
- H.R. 3067: Maximum Incarceration for Terrorists Act
- H.R. 2248: LNG Now Act of 2019
- H.R. 1729: OBIM Authorization Act of 2019
From Jan 2017 to Sep 2019, Higgins missed 94 of 1,750 roll call votes, which is 5.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: