Clay Higgins sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Homeland Security
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Health
Some of Higgins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2752: To amend the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to establish United States Citizenship ...
- H.R. 2751: To amend the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to establish U.S. Immigration and ...
- H.R. 2131: DHS FIRM Act
- H.R. 1942: To amend title 38, United States Code, to direct the Comptroller General of ...
- H.R. 1941: Returning Worker Accountability Act of 2017
- H.R. 1252: DHS Acquisition Authorities Act of 2017
|Higgins’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
From Jan 2017 to May 2017, Higgins missed 1 of 285 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: