Read our 2017 Report Card for Higgins.
Higgins is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Higgins has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Clay Higgins sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Homeland Security
House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Health
Higgins sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Higgins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 990: Supporting the officers and personnel who carry out the important mission of the ...
- H.R. 6212: Imported Seafood Safety Standards Act
- H.R. 5693: Long-Term Care Veterans Choice Act
- H.R. 5523: School Watch and Tactics Act of 2018
- H.R. 5260: Advanced Nuclear Energy Technologies Act
- H.R. 5242: School Resource Officer Assessment Act of 2018
- H.R. 5243: School Watch and Training Act of 2018
|Higgins’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Jul 2018, Higgins missed 38 of 1,089 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: