Read our 2018 Report Card for Higgins.
Higgins is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Higgins has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Clay Higgins sits on the following committees:
Higgins sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Education (17%) Immigration (17%) Energy (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Emergency Management (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%)
Some of Higgins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3273: Combating Transnational Criminal Organizations Act of 2019
- H.R. 3067: Maximum Incarceration for Terrorists Act
- H.R. 2248: LNG Now Act of 2019
- H.R. 1729: OBIM Authorization Act of 2019
- H.R. 1639: CBP Workload Staffing Model Act
- H.R. 1527: Long-Term Care Veterans Choice Act
- H.Con.Res. 22: Exposing Congressional Drug Abuse Act
From Jan 2017 to Jun 2019, Higgins missed 51 of 1,565 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: