Our unique analysis of the bills Allen sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1978. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Allen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Allen sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Allen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 513 (95th): A resolution condemning terrorist activities of the PLO.
- H.R. 11521 (95th): National Contest for the Invention and Development of an Efficient and Cost-Effective ...
- H.R. 11452 (95th): National Academy of Medicine Act
- H.R. 11300 (95th): A bill for the relief of Lance Industries, Incorporated.
- H.Res. 1055 (95th): A resolution to refer the bill, H.R. 11300 for the relief of ...
- H.J.Res. 764 (95th): A resolution to authorize and request the President to issue a proclamation ...
- H.R. 11144 (95th): Lifeline and Electric Rate Reform Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Dec 1975 to Jun 1978, Allen missed 187 of 1,846 roll call votes, which is 10.1%. This is on par with the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jun 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills