Read our 2016 Report Card for Hanabusa.
Our unique analysis of the bills Hanabusa has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hanabusa is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hanabusa was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2149 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4354 Pahoa Avenue in Honolulu, Hawaii, as the “Cecil L. Heftel Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Hanabusa sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hanabusa’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3805 (113th): To provide for the redesignation of the Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies ...
- H.R. 3800 (113th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs outpatient clinic in Ewa Plain, ...
- H.R. 2225 (113th): To restore the traditional day of observance of Memorial Day, and for ...
- H.R. 1855 (113th): To require the Secretary of Defense to establish a process to determine ...
- H.R. 1222 (113th): Compact-Impact Aid Act of 2013
- H.R. 966 (113th): Filipino Veterans Family Reunification Act of 2013
- H.R. 912 (113th): Restoring Medicaid for Compact of Free Association Migrants Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Hanabusa’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 3523 (112th): Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act
Apr 26, 2012. Passed 248/168.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2017, Hanabusa missed 146 of 2,918 roll call votes, which is 5.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: