Rep. Constance Morella
Former Representative from Maryland’s 8th District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Maryland's 8th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Morella sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Morella is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Morella’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 515 (107th): Expressing the sense of Congress with respect to the recent sniper attacks ...
- H.R. 5700 (107th): Federal Employees, Uniformed Service and Foreign Service Members Humanitarian Travel Act of ...
- H.R. 5594 (107th): To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to require labeling ...
- H.R. 5515 (107th): Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency Interstate Supervision Act of 2002
- H.R. 5391 (107th): NIH Security Act
- H.R. 5353 (107th): Military Physician Equity Act of 2002
- H.R. 5337 (107th): Agricultural Extended Retirement Credit Act of 2002
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Nov 2002, Morella missed 267 of 8,634 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills