Read our 2016 Report Card for Brown.
Our unique analysis of the bills Brown sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brown is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Brown was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2447 (112th): To grant the congressional gold medal to the Montford Point Marines.
- H.R. 315 (109th): To designate the United States courthouse at 300 North Hogan Street, Jacksonville, Florida, as the “John Milton Bryan Simpson United States Courthouse”.
- H.R. 1882 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 440 South Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando, Florida, as the “Arthur `Pappy’ Kennedy Post Office”.
- H.R. 1883 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1601-1 Main Street in Jacksonville, Florida, as the “Eddie Mae Steward Post Office”.
- H.R. 3710 (104th): To designate a United States courthouse located in Tampa, Florida, as the “Sam M. Gibbons United States Courthouse”.
- H.R. 2431 (103rd): To designate the Federal building in Jacksonville, Florida, as the “Charles E. Bennett Federal Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Brown sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Brown’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 789 (114th): Condemning the horrific acts of terrorism and hatred in Orlando, Florida, on ...
- H.R. 5448 (114th): To expand the Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program to include members of the ...
- H.R. 5407 (114th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to direct the Secretary of ...
- H.R. 5059 (114th): Love Lives On Act of 2016
- H.R. 3828 (114th): Land-Grant Opportunity Act
- H.R. 3768 (114th): SES TRUST Act
- H.R. 3715 (114th): Final Farewell Act of 2016
|Brown’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1599: Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act of 2015
Jul 23, 2015. Passed 275/150.
This bill was enacted as S. 764. The Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act of 2015 would require the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to regulate the distribution and labeling related to bioengineered foods (often referred to as genetically modified foods or GMOs). It would ...
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 622: State and Local Sales Tax Deduction Fairness Act of 2015
Apr 16, 2015. Passed 272/152.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5325 (112th): Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 6, 2012. Passed 255/165.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2016, Brown missed 1,349 of 15,960 roll call votes, which is 8.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. ProPublica has tracked 13 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: