Our unique analysis of the bills Booker has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Booker is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Booker for more statistics.
Cory Booker sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Member, Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife
- Member, Subcommittee on Superfund, Waste Management, and Regulatory Oversight
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Booker sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (24%) Taxation (15%) Transportation and Public Works (15%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Commerce (10%) Education (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%)
Some of Booker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3194: Reducing Obesity in Youth Act of 2016
- S.Res. 529: A resolution calling upon the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran to ...
- S. 3145: Gideon Act
- S. 3144: Equal Justice Under Law Act of 2016
- S. 3095: Shark Fin Trade Elimination Act of 2016
- S. 3086: Marine Debris Act Amendments of 2016
- S. 2960: Access to Birth Control Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Oct 2013 to Jul 2016, Booker missed 20 of 905 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: