2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Booker »
Our unique analysis of the bills Booker has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Booker is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Cory Booker sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Member, Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife
- Member, Subcommittee on Superfund, Waste Management, and Regulatory Oversight
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Booker sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (23%) Taxation (17%) Transportation and Public Works (17%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Commerce (9%)
Some of Booker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2960: Access to Birth Control Act
- S. 2946: Law Enforcement Officers Equity Act
- S. 2908: A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located ...
- S. 2841: Atlantic Seismic Airgun Protection Act
- S. 2797: Refund to Rainy Day Savings Act
- S. 2776: TEST for Lead Act
- S. 2765: Real Education for Healthy Youth Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Oct 2013 to May 2016, Booker missed 19 of 859 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: