Our unique analysis of the bills Gardner has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gardner is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Gardner for more statistics.
Cory Gardner sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on East Asia, the Pacific, and International Cybersecurity Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Member, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights, and Global Women's Issues
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Gardner sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (22%) Energy (15%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) International Affairs (10%) Health (8%) Environmental Protection (5%)
Some of Gardner’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3283: A bill to designate the community-based outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans ...
- S. 3243: Rebuilding and Renewing Rural America Act of 2016
- S.Res. 532: A resolution celebrating the 140th anniversary of the State of Colorado.
- S.Res. 534: A resolution relative to the death of William L. Armstrong, former United States ...
- S.Res. 526: A resolution calling for all parties to respect the arbitral tribunal ruling with ...
- S. 3135: Taking Responsibility Using Secured Technologies Act of 2016
- S. 3119: REG Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2016, Gardner missed 10 of 473 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: