Read our 2016 Report Card for Gardner.
Our unique analysis of the bills Gardner has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gardner is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Cory Gardner sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on East Asia, the Pacific, and International Cybersecurity Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Member, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights, and Global Women's Issues
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Gardner was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- S. 3084 (114th): American Innovation and Competitiveness Act
- S. 3283: A bill to designate the community-based outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Pueblo, Colorado, as the “PFC James Dunn VA Clinic”.
- S. 2426: A bill to direct the Secretary of State to develop a strategy to obtain observer status for Taiwan in the International Criminal Police Organization, and for other purposes.
- S. 1568: A bill to extend the authorization to carry out the replacement of the existing medical center of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Denver, Colorado, to authorize transfers ...
- H.R. 5057 (113th): EPS Service Parts Act of 2014
- H.R. 1408 (113th): Animal Generic Drug User Fee Amendments of 2013
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Gardner sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (20%) Energy (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (14%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) International Affairs (11%) Health (9%) Environmental Protection (5%)
Some of Gardner’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 611: A resolution supporting the designation of October 8, 2016, as “40 Years of ...
- S. 3457: Reducing Medicare Costs through Innovation Act
- S. 3325: Empower Burma Act of 2016
- S. 3312: Responsible Disposal Reauthorization Act of 2016
- S. 3283: A bill to designate the community-based outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans ...
- S. 3243: Rebuilding and Renewing Rural America Act of 2016
- S.Res. 532: A resolution celebrating the 140th anniversary of the State of Colorado.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Gardner’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3361 (113th): USA FREEDOM Act
May 22, 2014. Passed 303/121.
H.J.Res. 117 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013
Sep 13, 2012. Passed 329/91.
H.R. 3857 (112th): Public Transit Security and Local Law Enforcement Support Act
Sep 12, 2012. Passed 355/62.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2015 to Jan 2017, Gardner missed 11 of 530 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: