James was the representative for Florida’s 4th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1989 to 1992.
James sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of James’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5910 (102nd): To clear impediments to the issuance of documentation for the vessel CHEROKEE.
- H.Res. 438 (102nd): Creating a bipartisan search committee to recommend to the House an individual ...
- H.R. 3668 (102nd): To remove the President’s authority to grant debt forgiveness to foreign countries.
- H.R. 2290 (102nd): To authorize additional appropriations for the construction and maintenance of the Mary ...
- H.R. 5187 (101st): To clear certain impediments to the licensing of a vessel for employment ...
- H.R. 4961 (101st): To authorize additional appropriations for the construction and maintenance of the Mary ...
- H.R. 3226 (101st): To authorize issuance of a certificate of documentation for employment in the ...
From Jan 1989 to Oct 1992, James missed 19 of 1,836 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills