Hardy was the representative for Nevada’s 4th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2015 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Hardy.
Hardy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hardy sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Hardy sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Hardy recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 6081 (114th): Moapa Band of Paiutes Land Conveyance Act
- H.R. 6039 (114th): Graduate Opportunities in Medical Education Distribution Act of 2016
- H.R. 5803 (114th): Extra Credit for Working Students Act of 2016
- H.R. 5133 (114th): Rural Hospital Enhancement and Long Term Health Act of 2016
- H.R. 4331 (114th): Small Business ECCEL Act
- H.J.Res. 79 (114th): Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
- H.R. 3824 (114th): Forest Service and Department of the Interior Law Enforcement Improvement Act of …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Hardy missed 29 of 1,325 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: