Read our 2016 Report Card for Hardy.
Our unique analysis of the bills Hardy sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hardy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hardy sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hardy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6081 (114th): Moapa Band of Paiutes Land Conveyance Act
- H.R. 6039 (114th): Graduate Opportunities in Medical Education Distribution Act of 2016
- H.R. 5803 (114th): Extra Credit for Working Students Act of 2016
- H.R. 5133 (114th): Rural Hospital Enhancement and Long Term Health Act of 2016
- H.R. 4331 (114th): Small Business ECCEL Act
- H.J.Res. 79 (114th): Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
- H.R. 3824 (114th): Forest Service and Department of the Interior Law Enforcement Improvement Act of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Hardy’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Hardy missed 29 of 1,325 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: