Clawson was the representative for Florida’s 19th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2014 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Clawson.
Clawson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Clawson sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Clawson was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 890 (114th): To revise the boundaries of certain John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System units in Florida.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Clawson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Clawson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5958 (114th): Making supplemental appropriations for fiscal year 2016 for Zika response and preparedness.
- H.R. 4793 (114th): Everglades Land Acquisition Act of 2016
- H.R. 4667 (114th): To direct the Secretary of the Army to expedite the completion of ...
- H.R. 4562 (114th): Zika Authorization Plan Act of 2016
- H.R. 4563 (114th): ZIP Act
- H.R. 4561 (114th): ZIPP Act
- H.R. 4477 (114th): BRAVE Act of 2016
From Jun 2014 to Dec 2016, Clawson missed 115 of 1,534 roll call votes, which is 7.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: