Read our 2020 Report Card for Axne.
Axne is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Axne has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 2, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Cynthia Axne sits on the following committees:
Axne was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2441: Sgt. Ketchum Rural Veterans Mental Health Act of 2021
- H.R. 1609: Treatment in Place Act
- H.R. 7502 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 101 South 16th Street in Clarinda, Iowa, as the “Jessie Field Shambaugh Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 5688 (116th): Reducing Administrative Costs and Burdens in Health Care Act of 2020
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Axne sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (21%) Health (21%) Taxation (20%) Housing and Community Development (16%) Agriculture and Food (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (5%) Government Operations and Politics (4%)
Some of Axne’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6100: To amend the Animal Welfare Act to increase enforcement with respect to violations …
- H.R. 5992: Cattle Price Discovery and Transparency Act of 2021
- H.R. 5637: Meeting our Seniors’ Social Security Needs Act
- H.R. 5128: Expanding Access to Capital for Rural Job Creators Act
- H.R. 5054: Keep Physicians Serving Patients Act of 2021
- H.R. 4735: Provider Relief Fund Deadline Extension Act
- H.R. 4700: Transition for Success Act
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2021, Axne missed 18 of 1,355 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: