Lummis was the representative for Wyoming’s at-large district and was a Republican. She served from 2009 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Lummis.
Lummis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lummis sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Lummis was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lummis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (37%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Energy (11%) Law (11%) Environmental Protection (7%) Commerce (7%) Government Operations and Politics (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%)
Some of Lummis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5517 (114th): Local Education Freedom Act of 2016
- H.R. 3527 (114th): To designate the mountain at the Devils Tower National Monument, Wyoming, as ...
- H.R. 2611 (114th): Collectible Firearms Protection Act
- H.R. 2544 (114th): Excess Uranium Transparency and Accountability Act
- H.R. 2273 (114th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to amend the Definite Plan ...
- H.R. 2272 (114th): Intelligence Budget Transparency Act of 2015
- H.R. 1667 (114th): 21st Century Endangered Species Transparency Act
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2016, Lummis missed 143 of 5,790 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: