McKinney was the representative for Georgia’s 4th congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 2005 to 2006.
She was previously the representative for Georgia’s 4th congressional district as a Democrat from 1997 to 2002; and the representative for Georgia’s 11th congressional district as a Democrat from 1993 to 1996.
McKinney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McKinney sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2001 to Dec 8, 2006. See full analysis methodology.
McKinney was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2261 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2853 Candler Road in Decatur, Georgia, as the “Earl T. Shinhoster Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McKinney sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (17%) Law (15%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (15%) Crime and Law Enforcement (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) International Affairs (9%) Commerce (8%)
Some of McKinney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6422 (109th): To amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (29 U.S.C> 206(a)(1) ...
- H.Res. 1106 (109th): Articles of Impeachment against George Walker Bush, President of the United States ...
- H.R. 6381 (109th): To repeal Public Law No: 109-366, the Military Commissions Act of 2006, ...
- H.R. 6382 (109th): Law Enforcement Abuse Transparency and Accountability Act of 2006
- H.Res. 1072 (109th): Urging the Government of Nigeria to conduct a thorough judicial review of ...
- H.Res. 1025 (109th): Honoring the life and achievements of the late Oscar Davis, Sr., of ...
- H.Res. 1026 (109th): For the re-opening of investigative hearings into the Counter-Intelligence Program (COINTELPRO) and ...
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2006, McKinney missed 480 of 7,073 roll call votes, which is 6.8%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: