2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Benishek »
Our unique analysis of the bills Benishek has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Benishek is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Dan Benishek sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Benishek sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (31%) Native Americans (21%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (18%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (13%) Health (5%)
Some of Benishek’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3848: Burt Lake Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians Reaffirmation Act
- H.R. 3673: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require the Secretary of ...
- H.Res. 381: To refer H.R. 3133, a bill making congressional reference to the United States ...
- H.Res. 376: To refer H.R. 3133, a bill making congressional reference to the United States ...
- H.R. 3133: Relating to certain Indian land-related takings claims of the Grand Traverse Band of ...
- H.R. 2464: Demanding Accountability for Veterans Act of 2015
- H.Con.Res. 45: Recognizing the occasion of the 300th anniversary of the establishment of Fort Michilimackinac ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2016, Benishek missed 52 of 3,692 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: