Our unique analysis of the bills Benishek has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Benishek is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Benishek for more statistics.
Dan Benishek sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Benishek sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (33%) Native Americans (20%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (18%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (13%) Health (5%)
Some of Benishek’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5228: To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Traverse City, ...
- H.R. 3848: Burt Lake Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians Reaffirmation Act
- H.R. 3673: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require the Secretary of ...
- H.Res. 381: To refer H.R. 3133, a bill making congressional reference to the United States ...
- H.Res. 376: To refer H.R. 3133, a bill making congressional reference to the United States ...
- H.R. 3133: Relating to certain Indian land-related takings claims of the Grand Traverse Band of ...
- H.R. 2464: Demanding Accountability for Veterans Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Benishek’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 2040: Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act
Sep 28, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.Con.Res. 55: Directing the President, pursuant to section 5(c) of the War Powers Resolution, to remove United States Armed Forces ...
Jun 17, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Benishek missed 52 of 4,113 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: