Bishop is the representative for North Carolina’s 9th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Sep 17, 2019. Bishop is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Bishop.
Bishop is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bishop has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Feb 23, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Bishop sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bishop’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1097: To direct the Secretary of Education to establish a grant program to make ...
- H.R. 506: Immigration Detainer Enforcement Act of 2021
- H.R. 8199 (116th): 504 Credit Risk Management Improvement Act of 2020
- H.R. 8182 (116th): CHOICE Act
- H.R. 8120 (116th): Increasing Opportunities for Small Businesses Act of 2020
- H.R. 7619 (116th): Expanding Assistance to Farmers Act of 2020
- H.R. 7503 (116th): No RIOT Act of 2020
From Sep 2019 to Feb 2021, Bishop missed 41 of 460 roll call votes, which is 8.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: