Our unique analysis of the bills Boren sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Boren is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Boren was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1369 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1021 Pennsylvania Avenue in Hartshorne, Oklahoma, as the “Warren Lindley Post Office”.
- H.R. 473 (112th): HALE Scouts Act
- H.R. 1713 (111th): To name the South Central Agricultural Research Laboratory of the Department of Agriculture in Lane, Oklahoma, and the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4544 (110th): Code Talkers Recognition Act of 2008
- H.R. 2127 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 408 West 6th Street in Chelsea, Oklahoma, as the “Clem Rogers McSpadden Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1676 (110th): Native American Home Ownership Opportunity Act of 2007
- H.R. 5690 (109th): Ouachita National Forest Boundary Adjustment Act of 2006
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Boren sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (23%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Native Americans (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Taxation (9%) Law (7%) Commerce (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (5%)
Some of Boren’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 634 (112th): Honoring RSU Public Television on the occasion of its 25th anniversary.
- H.R. 4154 (112th): SAVE Native Women Act
- H.R. 2936 (112th): Small Business Administration Express Loan Extension Act of 2011
- H.Res. 397 (112th): Reestablishing the House of Representatives Page Program.
- H.R. 2550 (112th): Spouses of Fallen Heroes Scholarship Act
- H.R. 2444 (112th): Department of the Interior Tribal Self-Governance Act of 2011
- H.R. 1961 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to eliminate the taxable ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Boren’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 4628 (112th): Interest Rate Reduction Act
Apr 27, 2012. Passed 215/195.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 6515 (110th): Drill Responsibly in Leased Lands Act of 2008
Jul 17, 2008. Failed 244/173.
H.R. 5349 (110th): To extend the Protect America Act of 2007 for 21 days.
Feb 13, 2008. Failed 191/229.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 137 (110th): Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007
Mar 26, 2007. Passed 368/39.
From Jan 2005 to Jan 2013, Boren missed 252 of 6,351 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 23 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: