Our unique analysis of the bills Boren sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Boren is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Boren was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1369 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1021 Pennsylvania Avenue in Hartshorne, Oklahoma, as the “Warren Lindley Post Office”.
- H.R. 473 (112th): HALE Scouts Act
- H.R. 1713 (111th): To name the South Central Agricultural Research Laboratory of the Department of Agriculture in Lane, Oklahoma, and the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4544 (110th): Code Talkers Recognition Act of 2008
- H.R. 2127 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 408 West 6th Street in Chelsea, Oklahoma, as the “Clem Rogers McSpadden Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1676 (110th): Native American Home Ownership Opportunity Act of 2007
- H.R. 5690 (109th): Ouachita National Forest Boundary Adjustment Act of 2006
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Boren sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (23%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Native Americans (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Taxation (9%) Law (7%) Commerce (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (5%)
Some of Boren’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 634 (112th): Honoring RSU Public Television on the occasion of its 25th anniversary.
- H.R. 4154 (112th): SAVE Native Women Act
- H.R. 2936 (112th): Small Business Administration Express Loan Extension Act of 2011
- H.Res. 397 (112th): Reestablishing the House of Representatives Page Program.
- H.R. 2550 (112th): Spouses of Fallen Heroes Scholarship Act
- H.R. 2444 (112th): Department of the Interior Tribal Self-Governance Act of 2011
- H.R. 1961 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to eliminate the taxable ...
From Jan 2005 to Jan 2013, Boren missed 252 of 6,351 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 23 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: