Crenshaw is the representative for Texas’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Crenshaw is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Crenshaw.
Crenshaw is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Crenshaw has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Feb 24, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Crenshaw sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Crenshaw’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1045: To amend the Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012 ...
- H.R. 522: Conservation Funding Protection Act
- H.R. 8658 (116th): NASH Care Act of 2020
- H.R. 8417 (116th): Direct Primary Care for America Act
- H.R. 7013 (116th): Jump-Start the American Economy Act
- H.R. 6519 (116th): Holding the Chinese Communist Party Accountable for Infecting Americans Act of 2020
- H.R. 6520 (116th): No Place for Propaganda Act of 2020
From Jan 2019 to Feb 2021, Crenshaw missed 19 of 994 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: