Rep. Dan Kuykendall
Former Representative for Tennessee’s 8th District
Kuykendall is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kuykendall sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1973 to Dec 20, 1974. See full analysis methodology.
Kuykendall sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (38%) Law (12%) Labor and Employment (12%) International Affairs (8%) Education (8%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Social Welfare (8%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (8%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Kuykendall recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Res. 1353 (93rd): Resolution creating a select committee to conduct an investigation and study of …
- H.R. 16257 (93rd): A bill to provide for the protection of franchised dealers of petroleum …
- H.R. 16095 (93rd): A bill to provide for a multimodal transportation study in accordance with …
- H.R. 15243 (93rd): A bill to amend the Federal Aviation Act of 1958 to require …
- H.R. 14970 (93rd): A bill to amend section 410 of the Federal Aviation Act of …
- H.J.Res. 1010 (93rd): Joint resolution to designate the third week of September of each year …
- H.R. 14628 (93rd): Transportation of Hazardous Materials Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 1967 to Dec 1974, Kuykendall missed 547 of 2,648 roll call votes, which is 20.7%. This is much worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills