Read our 2016 Report Card for Newhouse.
Our unique analysis of the bills Newhouse has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Newhouse is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Dan Newhouse sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on Rules
Newhouse sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Newhouse’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 476: To amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify the emergency hospital care ...
- H.Res. 40: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 78) to improve the consideration by ...
- H.Res. 820: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5538) making appropriations for the Department ...
- H.R. 5685: Farm Regulatory Certainty Act
- H.R. 5483: To extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project.
- H.Res. 743: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5055) making appropriations for energy and ...
- H.R. 5017: Port of Benton Restriction Release Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Newhouse’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Passed 342/85.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
From Jan 2015 to Jan 2017, Newhouse missed 9 of 1,384 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: