Our unique analysis of the bills Newhouse has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Newhouse is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Newhouse for more statistics.
Dan Newhouse sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on Rules
Newhouse sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Newhouse’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 820: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5538) making appropriations for the Department ...
- H.R. 5685: Farm Regulatory Certainty Act
- H.R. 5483: To extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project.
- H.Res. 743: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5055) making appropriations for energy and ...
- H.R. 5017: Port of Benton Restriction Release Act of 2016
- H.Res. 619: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2406) to protect and enhance opportunities ...
- H.R. 4520: Justin Smith Morrill Congressional Gold Medal Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Newhouse missed 4 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: