Read our 2016 Report Card for Newhouse.
Our unique analysis of the bills Newhouse has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Newhouse is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Dan Newhouse sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- House Committee on Rules
Newhouse sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Newhouse’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 478: Providing for further consideration of the bill (H.R. 3219) making appropriations for the ...
- H.R. 3034: Justin Smith Morrill Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.Res. 392: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1873) to amend the Federal Land ...
- H.R. 2828: To extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project.
- H.R. 2321: CREAATE Act
- H.Res. 233: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1431) to amend the Environmental Research, ...
- H.R. 1274: State, Tribal, and Local Species Transparency and Recovery Act
|Newhouse’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Passed 342/85.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2017, Newhouse missed 67 of 1,763 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: