Our unique analysis of the bills Evans sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1988. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Evans is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Evans’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2752 (100th): A bill to declare that certain lands be held in trust for ...
- S. 2691 (100th): A bill to extend eligibility for the Indian Claims Commission Expert Witness ...
- S. 2535 (100th): Scrimshaw Production Licensing Extension Act of 1988
- S. 2522 (100th): A bill to amend part A of title IV of the Social ...
- S. 2322 (100th): A bill to authorize certain elements of the Yakima River Basin Water ...
- S. 2300 (100th): A bill to issue a fisheries license for the operation of the ...
- S. 2165 (100th): Washington Park Wilderness Act of 1988
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jun 1983 to Oct 1988, Evans missed 173 of 1,968 roll call votes, which is 8.8%. This is worse than the median of 5.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1988. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills