Read our 2020 Report Card for Kildee.
Kildee is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kildee has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Feb 24, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kildee was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2551 (116th): Great Lakes Environmental Sensitivity Index Act of 2019
- H.R. 1976 (116th): PFAS Detection Act of 2019
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kildee sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (33%) Environmental Protection (25%) Labor and Employment (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) International Affairs (6%) Housing and Community Development (6%) Government Operations and Politics (4%)
Some of Kildee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1143: To amend the Truth in Lending Act to modify obligations relating to private ...
- H.R. 8813 (116th): Transparency for Wounded Warriors Act
- H.R. 8257 (116th): Transparency for Wounded Warriors Act
- H.R. 7687 (116th): Protecting Firefighters from PFAS Act
- H.R. 7253 (116th): Flint Registry Reauthorization Act
- H.R. 7103 (116th): National Land Bank Network Act of 2020
- H.R. 6907 (116th): RELIEF for Main Street Act
From Jan 2013 to Feb 2021, Kildee missed 53 of 4,733 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: