Read our 2018 Report Card for Lipinski.
Lipinski is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lipinski has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 6, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Daniel Lipinski sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Lipinski was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1346: To repeal the rule issued by the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration entitled “Metropolitan Planning Organization Coordination and Planning Area Reform”.
- H.R. 3085 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3349 West 111th Street in Chicago, Illinois, as the “Captain Herbert Johnson Memorial Post Office ...
- H.R. 1126 (110th): To reauthorize the Steel and Aluminum Energy Conservation and Technology Competitiveness Act of 1988.
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lipinski sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (27%) Science, Technology, Communications (25%) Taxation (10%) Health (8%) Environmental Protection (8%) Education (8%) Government Operations and Politics (7%) Private Legislation (5%)
Some of Lipinski’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5039: Life-Sustaining Prescription Drug Price Relief Act of 2019
- H.Res. 679: Expressing support for designation of November 7 as annual “Victims of Communism Memorial ...
- H.R. 4897: Public Safety Retirees Healthcare Protection Act
- H.R. 4711: No Tax Breaks for Drug Ads Act
- H.R. 3965: Hospital Price Transparency and Disclosure Act
- H.R. 3966: Raise Wages, Cut Carbon Act of 2019
- H.R. 3894: Great Lakes Water Protection Act
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2019, Lipinski missed 332 of 10,744 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: