Read our 2018 Report Card for Lipinski.
Lipinski is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lipinski has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Daniel Lipinski sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Lipinski was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1346: To repeal the rule issued by the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration entitled “Metropolitan Planning Organization Coordination and Planning Area Reform”.
- H.R. 3085 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3349 West 111th Street in Chicago, Illinois, as the “Captain Herbert Johnson Memorial Post Office ...
- H.R. 1126 (110th): To reauthorize the Steel and Aluminum Energy Conservation and Technology Competitiveness Act of 1988.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lipinski sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Science, Technology, Communications (29%) Transportation and Public Works (29%) Education (10%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Environmental Protection (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (6%) Health (6%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%)
Some of Lipinski’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3100: Challenges & Prizes for Climate Act of 2019
- H.R. 3044: Medical Device Sterilization Challenge Act of 2019
- H.R. 2946: Allied Nations Travel Modernization Act of 2019
- H.R. 2894: Save the State and Local Tax Deduction for Middle Class Families Act of ...
- H.R. 2857: To grant a Federal charter to the National Academy of Inventors.
- H.R. 2787: CPI for Seniors Act of 2019
- H.R. 2737: For the relief of Corina de Chalup Turcinovic.
From Jan 2005 to Jun 2019, Lipinski missed 320 of 10,457 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: