Read our 2014 Report Card for Maffei.
Maffei is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Maffei sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Maffei was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 5502 (111th): To amend the effective date of the gift card provisions of the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Maffei sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Maffei’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5627 (113th): PRINT Act
- H.R. 5177 (113th): Members Play By the Same Rules Act of 2014
- H.R. 4884 (113th): For the relief of Zenon Kolenda and Orysya Bilyanska Kolenda.
- H.R. 4408 (113th): Lawrence J. Hackett Jr. Vietnam Veterans Agent Orange Fairness Act
- H.R. 4335 (113th): Veteran Families Fairness Act
- H.R. 4204 (113th): JOB Tax Credit Act
- H.R. 3793 (113th): Military Retirement Restoration Act
|Maffei’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3393 (113th): Student and Family Tax Simplification Act
Jul 24, 2014. Passed 227/187.
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2014, Maffei missed 42 of 2,859 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: