Our unique analysis of the bills Mica sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1988. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Mica is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Mica’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 280 (100th): A concurrent resolution authorizing the 1988 Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special ...
- H.J.Res. 509 (100th): A joint resolution designating August 4, 1988, as “National Legion of Valor ...
- H.Res. 399 (100th): A resolution affirming that the House of Representatives recognizes Eric Arturo Delvalle ...
- H.Res. 397 (100th): A resolution affirming that the House of Representatives recognizes Eric Arturo Delvalle ...
- H.Con.Res. 243 (100th): A concurrent resolution calling for the resignation of General Noriega as the ...
- H.R. 3434 (100th): A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, with respect to ...
- H.R. 3305 (100th): A bill to amend title 38 of the United States Code to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Oct 1988, Mica missed 510 of 4,823 roll call votes, which is 10.6%. This is worse than the median of 5.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1988. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills