Rep. Daniel “Dan” Schaefer
Former Representative from Colorado’s 6th District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Colorado's 6th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Schaefer sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Schaefer is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Schaefer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4017 (105th): Energy Conservation Reauthorization Act of 1998
- H.R. 3532 (105th): Nuclear Regulatory Commission Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1999
- H.Res. 317 (105th): Providing for the agreement of the House to the Senate amendment to ...
- H.R. 2915 (105th): To extend certain programs under the Energy Policy and Conservation Act and ...
- H.R. 2472 (105th): To extend certain programs under the Energy Policy and Conservation Act.
- H.R. 2001 (105th): National Retail Sales Tax Act of 1997
- H.R. 1325 (105th): National Retail Sales Tax Act of 1997
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Apr 1983 to Dec 1998, Schaefer missed 231 of 8,171 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills