He was previously the representative for Florida’s 10th congressional district as a Republican from 2013 to 2016; and the representative for Florida’s 8th congressional district as a Republican from 2011 to 2012.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Webster.
Webster is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Webster has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Daniel Webster sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Webster was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Webster sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Webster’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2393: NIST Creation of Composite Standards Act
- H.R. 856: Physician Pro Bono Care Act of 2019
- H.R. 788: Sustainable Shark Fisheries and Trade Act of 2019
- H.R. 6190: Keep Families Together and Enforce the Law Act
- H.R. 5856: Good Samaritan Charitable Physicians’ Services Act of 2018
- H.R. 5248: Sustainable Shark Fisheries and Trade Act
- H.R. 2105: NIST Small Business Cybersecurity Act
From Jan 2011 to May 2019, Webster missed 263 of 5,573 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: