Read our 2016 Report Card for Davis.
Our unique analysis of the bills Davis has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Davis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Danny Davis sits on the following committees:
Davis was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5551 (110th): To amend title 11, District of Columbia Official Code, to implement the increase provided under the District of Columbia Appropriations Act, 2008, in the amount of funds ...
- H.R. 5683 (110th): Government Accountability Office Act of 2008
- H.R. 1593 (110th): Second Chance Act of 2007
- H.R. 4216 (110th): Predominantly Black Institution Act of 2007
- H.R. 5989 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10240 Roosevelt Road in Westchester, Illinois, as the ‘John J. Sinde Post Office Building’.
- H.R. 5990 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 415 South 5th Avenue in Maywood, Illinois, as the “Wallace W. Sykes Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 5331 (106th): To authorize the Frederick Douglass Gardens, Inc., to establish a memorial and gardens on Department of the Interior lands in the District of Columbia or its environs ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Davis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 605: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Act
- H.R. 254: REAL Act of 2017
- H.R. 6499 (114th): Second Chance for Ex-Offenders Act of 2016
- H.Res. 903 (114th): Expressing support for the designation of the month of September 2016 as ...
- H.R. 6237 (114th): American Opportunity Tax Credit Reform Act
- H.R. 5737 (114th): Protecting Foster Youth Resources to Promote Self-Sufficiency Act
- H.R. 5473 (114th): Partnership Grants to Strengthen Families Affected by Parental Substance Abuse Act of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Davis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
From Jan 1997 to Feb 2017, Davis missed 804 of 13,597 roll call votes, which is 5.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 84 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: