Read our 2018 Report Card for LaHood.
LaHood is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills LaHood has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Darin LaHood sits on the following committees:
LaHood was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4326 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 200 West North Street in Normal, Illinois, as the “Sgt. Josh Rodgers Post Office”.
- H.R. 3109 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1114 North 2nd Street in Chillicothe, Illinois, as the “Sr. Chief Ryan Owens Post Office ...
- H.R. 5312 (114th): Networking and Information Technology Research and Development Modernization Act of 2016
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
LaHood sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of LaHood’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3021: NEATSA Act
- H.R. 2314: Nuclear Powers America Act of 2019
- H.R. 1825: Improving Assistance for Taxpayers Act
- H.R. 1349: Small Business Tax Fairness and Compliance Simplification Act
- H.R. 1246: Improving Access to Work Act
- H.R. 1247: Supporting Work Through Apprenticeships Act
- H.R. 1245: Improving Access to Child Care Act
From Sep 2015 to Jun 2019, LaHood missed 24 of 2,361 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: