Read our 2019 Report Card for LaHood.
LaHood is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills LaHood has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Aug 7, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Darin LaHood sits on the following committees:
LaHood was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1825: Improving Assistance for Taxpayers Act
- H.R. 4326 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 200 West North Street in Normal, Illinois, as the “Sgt. Josh Rodgers Post Office”.
- H.R. 3109 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1114 North 2nd Street in Chillicothe, Illinois, as the “Sr. Chief Ryan Owens Post Office ...
- H.R. 5312 (114th): Networking and Information Technology Research and Development Modernization Act of 2016
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
LaHood sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (36%) Social Welfare (14%) Health (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (11%) Government Operations and Politics (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%) International Affairs (7%) Environmental Protection (7%)
Some of LaHood’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1077: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives on the continued importance of ...
- H.R. 7749: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to encourage the transfer of ...
- H.R. 7707: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide a credit for ...
- H.R. 7641: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to apply the mailbox rule ...
- H.R. 7642: To require the Secretary of the Treasury to provide assistance to certain providers ...
- H.R. 7079: Clean Start: Back to Work Tax Credit Act
- H.R. 5952: Hemophilia SNF Access Act
From Sep 2015 to Jul 2020, LaHood missed 51 of 2,918 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: