LaHood is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills LaHood has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 7, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Darin LaHood sits on the following committees:
LaHood was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1825 (116th): Improving Assistance for Taxpayers Act
- H.R. 4326 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 200 West North Street in Normal, Illinois, as the “Sgt. Josh Rodgers Post Office”.
- H.R. 3109 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1114 North 2nd Street in Chillicothe, Illinois, as the “Sr. Chief Ryan Owens Post Office …
- H.R. 5312 (114th): Networking and Information Technology Research and Development Modernization Act of 2016
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
LaHood sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
LaHood recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 9231: Service Worker Economic Stabilization Act
- H.Res. 1006: Expressing support for the designation of the week of March 27, 2022, through …
- H.R. 6681: 100th anniversary of the Lincoln Memorial Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 6567: LICENSE Act of 2022
- H.Res. 889: Supporting the contributions of Catholic schools.
- H.R. 6404: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 114 …
- H.R. 6035: Abraham Lincoln National Heritage Area Reauthorization Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Sep 2015 to Dec 2022, LaHood missed 60 of 3,942 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: