Our unique analysis of the bills Hooley sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hooley is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hooley was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 679 (110th): To waive application of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act to a specific parcel of real property transferred by the United States to 2 Indian tribes ...
- H.R. 733 (108th): McLoughlin House Addition to Fort Vancouver National Historic Site Act
- H.R. 1327 (106th): To designate the United States Postal Service building located at 34480 Highway 101 South in Cloverdale, Oregon, as the “Maurine B. Neuberger United States Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hooley sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (19%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Health (13%) Commerce (13%) Families (11%) Education (11%) Labor and Employment (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%)
Some of Hooley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6904 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 6901 (110th): Meth Free Families and Communities Act
- H.R. 6584 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 6586 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 6585 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 6497 (110th): To require the payment of compensation to members of the Armed Forces ...
- H.R. 6489 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
|Hooley’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1507 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 7110) making supplemental appropriations for job creation and preservation, infrastructure ...
Sep 26, 2008. Passed 213/208.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.Res. 116 (110th): Providing for consideration of the joint resolution (H.J. Res. 20) making further continuing appropriations for the fiscal ...
Jan 31, 2007. Passed 225/191.
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Hooley missed 310 of 7,698 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: