Hooley, a Democrat, was the representative for Oregon's 5th congressional district from 1997 to 2008.
Hooley is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hooley sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Hooley was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 733 (108th): McLoughlin House Addition to Fort Vancouver National Historic Site Act
- H.R. 1327 (106th): To designate the United States Postal Service building located at 34480 Highway 101 South in Cloverdale, Oregon, as the “Maurine B. Neuberger United States Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hooley sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (19%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Commerce (13%) Health (13%) Families (11%) Education (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Labor and Employment (10%)
Some of Hooley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6904 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 6901 (110th): Meth Free Families and Communities Act
- H.R. 6586 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 6585 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 6584 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 6497 (110th): To require the payment of compensation to members of the Armed Forces ...
- H.R. 6488 (110th): To direct the Consumer Product Safety Commission to promulgate a final consumer ...
|Hooley’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1507 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 7110) making supplemental appropriations for job creation and preservation, infrastructure ...
Sep 26, 2008. Passed 213/208.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.Res. 116 (110th): Providing for consideration of the joint resolution (H.J. Res. 20) making further continuing appropriations for the fiscal ...
Jan 31, 2007. Passed 225/191.
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Hooley missed 310 of 7,698 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: