Read our 2017 Report Card for Soto.
Soto is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Soto has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Darren Soto sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Soto was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4528: To make technical amendments to certain marine fish conservation statutes, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4042: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1415 West Oak Street, in Kissimmee, Florida, as the “Borinqueneers Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Soto sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Soto’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6255: To amend title 18, United States Code, to establish measures to combat invasive ...
- H.R. 6191: For the relief of Alejandra Juarez.
- H.R. 6169: Disaster Housing Assistance Act
- H.R. 5927: Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Best Practice Act
- H.R. 5593: Protect Patriot Spouses Act
- H.R. 5450: To increase the access of small farmers in Puerto Rico to Federal agriculture ...
- H.R. 5449: To amend the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 to support ...
|Soto’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2851: SITSA Act
Jun 15, 2018. Passed 239/142.
More than 20,000 Americans died from synthetic drug overdoses in 2016. That represents 31 percent of all drug overdose deaths, a surging percentage in recent years — more than double the number from 2015. A bill called the Stop the Importation and Trafficking of Synthetic ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 1638: Iranian Leadership Asset Transparency Act
Dec 13, 2017. Passed 289/135.
H.R. 1638 requires the Department of Treasury to provide a report to help further efforts to prevent the financing of terrorism, money laundering, or related illicit finance and to help clarify for financial institutions and legitimate businesses ways they can comply with remaining sanctions. The ...
H.R. 3823: Disaster Tax Relief and Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2017
Sep 28, 2017. Passed 264/155.
The bill reauthorizes the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for six months, provides certain tax benefits for victims of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, reauthorizes certain expiring health programs, and includes provisions to increase the availability of private flood insurance for individuals in flood zones. Federal ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Jul 2018, Soto missed 5 of 1,089 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: