Read our 2017 Report Card for Soto.
Soto is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Soto has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Darren Soto sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Soto was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 4042: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1415 West Oak Street, in Kissimmee, Florida, as the “Borinqueneers Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Soto sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Soto’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5450: To increase the access of small farmers in Puerto Rico to Federal agriculture ...
- H.R. 5449: To amend the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 to support ...
- H.R. 5448: To amend the Food, Agriculture, Conservation, and Trade Act of 1990 to provide ...
- H.R. 5292: 2020 Census Accountability Act
- H.R. 5234: To amend the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 to expand ...
- H.R. 5169: To amend the Competitive, Special, and Facilities Research Grant Act to prioritize research ...
- H.R. 5168: To amend the Food, Agriculture, Conservation, and Trade Act of 1990 to establish ...
|Soto’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 4324: Strengthening Oversight of Iran’s Access to Finance Act
Dec 14, 2017. Passed 252/167.
H.R. 4324 would require the Department of the Treasury to submit a report to Congress regarding financial transactions authorized in connection with commercial passenger aircraft sales to Iran. Specifically, the bill requires the Secretary of the Treasury to report to the House Financial Services and ...
H.R. 1638: Iranian Leadership Asset Transparency Act
Dec 13, 2017. Passed 289/135.
H.R. 1638 requires the Department of Treasury to provide a report to help further efforts to prevent the financing of terrorism, money laundering, or related illicit finance and to help clarify for financial institutions and legitimate businesses ways they can comply with remaining sanctions. The ...
H.R. 3823: Disaster Tax Relief and Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2017
Sep 28, 2017. Passed 264/155.
The bill reauthorizes the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for six months, provides certain tax benefits for victims of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, reauthorizes certain expiring health programs, and includes provisions to increase the availability of private flood insurance for individuals in flood zones. Federal ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Apr 2018, Soto missed 5 of 857 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: