Our unique analysis of the bills Boren sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Boren is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Boren sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (22%) Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Education (12%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Health (7%) International Affairs (7%)
Some of Boren’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2543 (103rd): Forest Biodiversity and Clearcutting Prohibition Act of 1994
- S. 1824 (103rd): Legislative Reorganization Act of 1994
- S. 880 (103rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to clarify ...
- S. 858 (103rd): Minimum Tax Reform Act of 1993
- S. 778 (103rd): Watermelon Research and Promotion Improvement Act of 1993
- S. 722 (103rd): Aid for Trade Act of 1993
- S. 600 (103rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1979 to Oct 1994, Boren missed 394 of 6,131 roll call votes, which is 6.4%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills