Our unique analysis of the bills Brat has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brat is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Brat for more statistics.
David “Dave” Brat sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Budget
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
- House Committee on Small Business
Brat sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Brat’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5826: Detain and Deport Act
- H.R. 5823: Naming the Enemy Within Homeland Security Act
- H.R. 5824: Religious FIRE Act
- H.R. 5825: Illegal Alien Capture Notification Act
- H.R. 5324: Health Savings Account Expansion Act of 2016
- H.Res. 707: Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require the Committee on ...
- H.R. 5032: To allow certain property in the town of Louisa, Virginia, to be used ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 2014 to Sep 2016, Brat missed 46 of 1,307 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: