Our unique analysis of the bills Cicilline has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cicilline is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Cicilline for more statistics.
David Cicilline sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on The Middle East and North Africa
- House Committee on the Judiciary
Cicilline sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (25%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Taxation (16%) International Affairs (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Health (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Labor and Employment (7%)
Some of Cicilline’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5532: Unlawful Gun Buyer Alert Act
- H.R. 5426: Justice for Servicemembers Act of 2016
- H.Res. 758: Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to establish a Permanent Select ...
- H.R. 5147: Bathrooms Accessible in Every Situation (BABIES) Act
- H.R. 4860: United States - Israel Cybersecurity Cooperation Act
- H.R. 4603: Hate Crimes Prevention Act
- H.R. 4505: Make It In America Manufacturing Communities Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Cicilline missed 85 of 3,990 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 17 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: