2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Cicilline »
Our unique analysis of the bills Cicilline has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cicilline is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
David Cicilline sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on The Middle East and North Africa
- House Committee on the Judiciary
Cicilline sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (23%) Taxation (16%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) International Affairs (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Commerce (7%) Health (7%)
Some of Cicilline’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5147: To amend title 40, United States Code, to require that male and female ...
- H.R. 4860: United States - Israel Cybersecurity Cooperation Act
- H.R. 4603: Hate Crimes Prevention Act
- H.R. 4505: Make It In America Manufacturing Communities Act
- H.R. 4269: Assault Weapons Ban of 2015
- H.R. 4064: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow the Secretary of ...
- H.R. 3670: 21st Century Buy American Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2016, Cicilline missed 81 of 3,691 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 17 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: