Read our 2018 Report Card for Cicilline.
Cicilline is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cicilline has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 12, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
David Cicilline sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, Energy, and the Environment
- Member, Subcommittee on Middle East, North Africa, and International Terrorism
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Cicilline was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4685 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 515 Hope Street in Bristol, Rhode Island, as the “First Sergeant P. Andrew McKenna Jr. ...
- H.R. 5147 (114th): BABIES Act
- H.R. 651 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 820 Elmwood Avenue in Providence, Rhode Island, as the “Sister Ann Keefe Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Cicilline sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cicilline’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3606: High Speed Gunfire Prevention Act
- H.R. 3553: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to ensure that ...
- H.R. 3552: Unlawful Gun Buyer Alert Act
- H.R. 3554: End Purchase of Firearms by Dangerous Individuals Act of 2019
- H.R. 3385: Social Enterprise Ecosystem and Economic Development Commission Act of 2019
- H.R. 3263: Protecting NATO Skies Act of 2019
- H.R. 3252: Global Respect Act
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2019, Cicilline missed 121 of 5,821 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: