Davis was the representative for Tennessee’s 1st congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2007 to 2008.
Davis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 7, 2003 to Dec 10, 2008. See full analysis methodology.
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7139 (110th): To amend titles XVIII and XIX of the Social Security Act with ...
- H.Res. 1247 (110th): Supporting the goals and ideals of “American Eagle Day”, and celebrating the ...
- H.Res. 1128 (110th): Expressing support of the goals and ideals of National Carriage Driving Month.
- H.R. 4948 (110th): To extend the duty suspension on Crotonaldehyde (2-butenaldehyde).
- H.R. 4952 (110th): To extend the duty suspension on 1,4-Benzoquinone.
- H.R. 4953 (110th): To extend the duty suspension on 1-Fluoro-2-nitrobenzene.
- H.R. 4949 (110th): To extend the duty suspension on o-Anisidine.
|Davis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1 (110th): Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007
Jul 27, 2007. Passed 371/40.
The Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007 (Pub.L. 110–53), is an Act of Congress. The Act implements some of the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission including mandating 100% inspection of all air and sea cargo entering the United States, and a new ...
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 137 (110th): Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007
Mar 26, 2007. Passed 368/39.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2008, Davis missed 33 of 1,876 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: