Davis was the representative for Tennessee’s 1st congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2007 to 2008.
Davis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 7, 2003 to Dec 10, 2008. See full analysis methodology.
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (43%) Education (14%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (14%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Animals (11%) Environmental Protection (7%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Davis recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7139 (110th): To amend titles XVIII and XIX of the Social Security Act with …
- H.Res. 1247 (110th): Supporting the goals and ideals of “American Eagle Day”, and celebrating the …
- H.Res. 1128 (110th): Expressing support of the goals and ideals of National Carriage Driving Month.
- H.R. 4948 (110th): To extend the duty suspension on Crotonaldehyde (2-butenaldehyde).
- H.R. 4952 (110th): To extend the duty suspension on 1,4-Benzoquinone.
- H.R. 4953 (110th): To extend the duty suspension on 1-Fluoro-2-nitrobenzene.
- H.R. 4949 (110th): To extend the duty suspension on o-Anisidine.
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2008, Davis missed 33 of 1,876 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills