Dennis was the representative for Indiana’s 10th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1969 to 1974.
Dennis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Dennis sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1973 to Dec 20, 1974. See full analysis methodology.
Dennis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Dennis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 17521 (93rd): A bill relating to executive privilege.
- H.R. 16998 (93rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- H.Res. 1154 (93rd): Resolution authorizing the Committee on the Judiciary to file brief as amicus ...
- H.R. 11555 (93rd): A bill to define the powers and duties and to place restriction ...
- H.R. 11467 (93rd): A bill to define the powers and duties and to place restrictions ...
- H.R. 11369 (93rd): A bill to define the powers and duties and to place restrictions ...
- H.R. 11264 (93rd): A bill to provide for the appointment of a Special Prosecutor, and ...
From Jan 1969 to Dec 1974, Dennis missed 141 of 2,170 roll call votes, which is 6.5%. This is better than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills