Hobson was the representative for Ohio’s 7th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1991 to 2008.
Hobson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hobson sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 7, 2003 to Dec 10, 2008. See full analysis methodology.
Hobson was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 2419 (109th): Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 2006
- H.R. 2754 (108th): Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 2004
- H.R. 4755 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 204 South Broad Street in Lancaster, Ohio, as the “Clarence Miller Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 5011 (107th): Military Construction Appropriations Act, 2003
- H.R. 3323 (107th): Administrative Simplification Compliance Act
- H.R. 2904 (107th): Military Construction Appropriations Act, 2002
- H.R. 4425 (106th): Military Construction Appropriations Act, 2001
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hobson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (20%) Armed Forces and National Security (17%) Law (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Education (10%) Energy (10%) Environmental Protection (10%) Health (10%)
Some of Hobson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6735 (110th): BARREL Act
- H.R. 6616 (110th): Colonel Charles Young Home National Historical Site Study Act
- H.R. 1800 (110th): To authorize and request the President to award the Medal of Honor ...
- H.R. 1799 (110th): To authorize and request the President to award the Medal of Honor ...
- H.R. 5427 (109th): Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 2007
- H.R. 3559 (109th): Medicare Durable Medical Equipment Access Act of 2005
- H.R. 3091 (109th): To extend temporarily the duty suspension on 4,4’-Oxydiphthalic Anhydride (ODPA).
From Jan 1991 to Dec 2008, Hobson missed 162 of 11,102 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: