Our unique analysis of the bills Jolly has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Jolly is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Jolly for more statistics.
David Jolly sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Jolly sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (29%) Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Health (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Government Operations and Politics (7%)
Some of Jolly’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5840: Fishing Equipment Tax Relief Act of 2016
- H.R. 5563: Restoring Local Control of Airports Act of 2016
- H.R. 5544: Terrorist Screening Database Improvement Act
- H.R. 4947: Natural Disaster Reinsurance Act of 2016
- H.R. 4866: Flood Insurance Rate Increase Suspension Act of 2016
- H.R. 4799: Do Your Job or Don’t Get Paid Act
- H.R. 4663: No Taxpayer Support for Apple Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Mar 2014 to Sep 2016, Jolly missed 39 of 1,697 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: