Our unique analysis of the bills Jolly has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Jolly is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Jolly for more statistics.
David Jolly sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Jolly sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (29%) Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Health (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Government Operations and Politics (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%)
Some of Jolly’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5840: Fishing Equipment Tax Relief Act of 2016
- H.R. 5563: Restoring Local Control of Airports Act of 2016
- H.R. 5544: Terrorist Screening Database Improvement Act
- H.R. 4947: Natural Disaster Reinsurance Act of 2016
- H.R. 4866: Flood Insurance Rate Increase Suspension Act of 2016
- H.R. 4799: Do Your Job or Don’t Get Paid Act
- H.R. 4663: No Taxpayer Support for Apple Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Jolly’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 2040: Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act
Sep 28, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1563: Federal Employee Tax Accountability Act of 2015
Apr 15, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 2: Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015
Mar 26, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Mar 2014 to Dec 2016, Jolly missed 61 of 1,740 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: