Joyce is the representative for Ohio’s 14th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2013. Joyce is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Joyce.
Joyce is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Joyce has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 21, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
David Joyce sits on the following committees:
Joyce was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4031 (116th): Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Act of 2019
- H.R. 3275 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 340 Wetmore Avenue in Grand River, Ohio, as the “Lance Corporal Andy ‘Ace’ Nowacki Post ...
- H.R. 7031 (116th): Safeguarding America’s First Responders Act of 2020
- H.R. 223 (114th): Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Act of 2016
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Joyce sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Joyce’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 436: Supporting State, local, and community initiatives to encourage parents, teachers, camp counselors, and ...
- H.R. 3105: Common Sense Cannabis Reform for Veterans, Small Businesses, and Medical Professionals Act
- H.R. 3050: Kenneth Meisel Public Servants’ Claimant Fairness Act
- H.Res. 364: Acknowledging the contributions of America’s addiction professionals and their commitment to delivering evidence-based ...
- H.R. 2146: Military Family Violence Prevention Act
- H.R. 654: Drug-Free Communities Pandemic Relief Act
- H.Res. 65: Recognizing the roles and the contributions of America’s certified registered nurse anesthetists and ...
From Jan 2013 to Jun 2021, Joyce missed 106 of 4,867 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: