Read our 2022 Report Card for Joyce.
Joyce is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Joyce has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2019 to Mar 27, 2023. See full analysis methodology.
David Joyce sits on the following committees:
Joyce was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 7746 (117th): Sgt. Wolf Kyle Weninger Veterans Education Fairness Act of 2022
- H.R. 6735 (117th): SANE Act
- H.R. 654 (117th): Drug-Free Communities Pandemic Relief Act
- H.R. 4031 (116th): Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Act of 2019
- H.R. 3275 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 340 Wetmore Avenue in Grand River, Ohio, as the “Lance Corporal Andy ‘Ace’ Nowacki Post …
- H.R. 7031 (116th): Safeguarding America’s First Responders Act of 2020
- H.R. 223 (114th): Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Act of 2016
Does 7 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Joyce sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (30%) Crime and Law Enforcement (28%) Environmental Protection (8%) Immigration (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Water Resources Development (6%) Agriculture and Food (6%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Joyce recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 1405: IMPACTT Human Trafficking Act
- H.R. 1298: United States Foundation for International Conservation Act of 2023
- H.R. 795: Protecting First Responders from Secondary Exposure Act of 2023
- H.R. 794: Ending Mandates on Head Start Educators Act
- H.R. 472: Fighting Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Act of 2023
- H.Res. 32: Supporting the current definition of materiality in the securities laws and opposing new …
- H.R. 264: Faithful Execution of the Law Act of 2023
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2013 to Mar 2023, Joyce missed 131 of 5,857 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- GPO Member Guide for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills