Our unique analysis of the bills Karnes sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1988. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Karnes is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Karnes sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Karnes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2864 (100th): Kids and Infants Deductible Care Act of 1988
- S.Res. 484 (100th): A resolution to ensure corn gluten exports to the European Community.
- S. 2841 (100th): A bill to provide that the Secretary of Transportation may not issue ...
- S. 2412 (100th): A bill to ensure continued funding for the Davis Creek Dam, North ...
- S. 2332 (100th): Agricultural Equity Act of 1988
- S.Res. 418 (100th): A resolution to expedite consideration of the diesel fuel tax.
- S. 2258 (100th): A bill to amend the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1986 ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Mar 1987 to Oct 1988, Karnes missed 131 of 769 roll call votes, which is 17.0%. This is much worse than the median of 5.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1988. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills