Our unique analysis of the bills McKinley has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McKinley is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for McKinley for more statistics.
David McKinley sits on the following committees:
McKinley sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Energy (22%) Taxation (15%) Labor and Employment (12%) Environmental Protection (12%) Health (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) International Affairs (8%)
Some of McKinley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5788: To amend the Solid Waste Disposal Act to provide for the management and ...
- H.Con.Res. 141: Providing official recognition of the massacre of 11 African-American soldiers of the 333rd ...
- H.R. 5209: American Manufacturing and Worker Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5158: Make America Competitive Act of 2016
- H.R. 4929: Biennial Commission on Energy Policy Act of 2016
- H.R. 4766: To award a Congressional Gold Medal, collectively, to American military personnel who fought ...
- H.R. 4704: Advancing CCUS Technology Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, McKinley missed 29 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: