Our unique analysis of the bills Minge sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2000. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Minge is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Minge was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2484 (106th): To provide that land which is owned by the Lower Sioux Indian Community in the State of Minnesota but which is not held in trust by the ...
- H.R. 614 (104th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to convey to the State of Minnesota the New London National Fish Hatchery production facility.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Minge sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (16%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Agriculture and Food (15%) Environmental Protection (12%) Commerce (11%) Taxation (11%) Social Welfare (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%)
Some of Minge’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5639 (106th): To authorize the payment of a gratuity to certain members of the ...
- H.R. 5511 (106th): Conservation Security Act of 2000
- H.R. 5279 (106th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow allocation of ...
- H.R. 5069 (106th): Comprehensive Rural Telecommunications Act
- H.R. 5070 (106th): Medicare Fairness in Reimbursement Act of 2000
- H.R. 4935 (106th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to increase the size of ...
- H.R. 4321 (106th): Antitrust Enforcement Improvement Act of 2000
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2000, Minge missed 83 of 4,863 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is better than the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: