Phelps, a Democrat, was the representative for Illinois’s 19th congressional district from 1999 to 2002.
Phelps is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Phelps sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Phelps sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Phelps’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 480 (107th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 4098) to provide for ciminal ...
- H.Con.Res. 323 (107th): Expressing the sense of Congress that money from the drug trade helps ...
- H.R. 3477 (107th): Hunters Help the Hungry Act of 2001
- H.R. 1401 (107th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from gross ...
- H.R. 1614 (106th): Military Reservists Small Business Relief Act of 1999
From Jan 1999 to Nov 2002, Phelps missed 26 of 2,210 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: