Read our 2017 Report Card for Reichert.
Reichert is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Reichert has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
David Reichert sits on the following committees:
Reichert was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4979: To extend the Generalized System of Preferences and to make technical changes to the competitive need limitations provision of the program.
- H.R. 3732: Emergency Aid to American Survivors of Hurricanes Irma and Jose Overseas Act
- H.R. 5397 (114th): Daniel J. Evans Olympic National Park Wilderness Act
- H.R. 2940 (114th): Educator Tax Relief Act of 2015
- H.R. 2146: [Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and] Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
- H.R. 1269 (114th): Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu National Blue Alert Act of 2015
- H.R. 1036 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 103 Center Street West in Eatonville, Washington, as the “National Park Ranger Margaret Anderson Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Reichert sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Reichert’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6619: Medicare Secondary Payer and Workers’ Compensation Settlement Agreements Act of 2018
- H.R. 6124: Tribal Social Security Fairness Act of 2018
- H.R. 5853: Preserving Welfare for Needs Not Weed Act
- H.R. 4979: To extend the Generalized System of Preferences and to make technical changes to ...
- H.R. 4732: National Law Enforcement Museum Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 4683: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to revise the NTAP ...
- H.R. 4022: Reach Every Mother and Child Act of 2017
|Reichert’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 620: ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017
Feb 15, 2018. Passed 225/192.
A bill which just passed the House would update the law for disabled Americans for modern times, say Republicans. Democrats say it would set disabled Americans’ civil rights back decades. #### Context The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, more commonly called the ADA, was ...
H.R. 3905: Minnesota’s Economic Rights in the Superior National Forest Act
Nov 30, 2017. Passed 216/204.
H.R. 3905 would require Congressional approval for mineral withdrawal and monument designation in National Forest System lands in the Minnesota. The bill would also allow for the renewal of mineral leases in the area and would ensure that future leases remain valid and renewed, consistent ...
H.R. 1628: American Health Care Act of 2017
May 4, 2017. Passed 217/213.
The American Health Care Act of 2017 (AHCA) was a leading proposal in the first half of 2017 by House Republicans to "repeal and replace" the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare, but we'll abbreviate it ACA) and "defund" Planned Parenthood. It was also the vehicle ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 989 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States should adopt national policies and ...
Jun 9, 2010. Failed 241/170.
H.R. 5136 (111th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011
May 28, 2010. Passed 229/186.
H.R. 6515 (110th): Drill Responsibly in Leased Lands Act of 2008
Jul 17, 2008. Failed 244/173.
From Jan 2005 to Jul 2018, Reichert missed 295 of 9,969 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: