Our unique analysis of the bills Reichert has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Reichert is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Reichert for more statistics.
David Reichert sits on the following committees:
Reichert sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (40%) Health (15%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (8%) Labor and Employment (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Social Welfare (5%)
Some of Reichert’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5754: S Corporation Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 5417: Harbor Maintenance Trust Fund Reform Act of 2016
- H.R. 5397: Daniel J. Evans Olympic National Park Wilderness Act
- H.R. 5299: Dust Off Crews of the Vietnam War Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 5081: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5007: Philanthropic Enterprise Act of 2016
- H.R. 4686: Yakima River Basin Water Enhancement Project Phase III Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Sep 2016, Reichert missed 257 of 8,814 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 60 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: