Rivera was the representative for Florida’s 25th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2012.
Rivera sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rivera’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5869 (112th): STARS Act
- H.R. 3876 (112th): Reinforcing Existing Permit Sanctions On Leases Act
- H.R. 3823 (112th): Adjusted Residency for Military Service Act
- H.R. 3393 (112th): Foreign Oil Spill Liability Act of 2011
- H.R. 2831 (112th): To amend Public Law 89-732 to modify the requirement for a Cuban ...
- H.R. 2771 (112th): To amend Public Law 89-732 to increase to 5 years the period ...
- H.R. 1644 (112th): To amend section 412(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act to prohibit ...
|Rivera’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 4970 (112th): Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2012
May 16, 2012. Passed 222/205.
H.R. 3408 (112th): PIONEERS Act
Feb 16, 2012. Passed 237/187.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, Rivera missed 30 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: