Read our 2018 Report Card for Roe.
Roe is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Roe has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 12, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
David “Phil” Roe sits on the following committees:
Roe was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 203: Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019
- H.R. 6621 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 530 East Main Street in Johnson City, Tennessee, as the “Major Homer L. Pease Post ...
- H.R. 5674: VA MISSION Act of 2018
- H.R. 3218: Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2017
- H.R. 369: To eliminate the sunset of the Veterans Choice Program, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 1259 (115th): VA Accountability First Act of 2017
- H.R. 6416 (114th): Jeff Miller and Richard Blumenthal Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2016
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Roe sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Roe’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3608: To amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the ability of veterans ...
- H.Res. 451: Expressing support for the designation of the week of June 16 through June ...
- H.R. 3213: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to clarify the treatment of ...
- H.R. 3083: AIR Acceleration Act
- H.R. 2580: Modernizing Drug Enforcement Act of 2019
- H.R. 1947: To amend title 38, United States Code, to exempt transfers of funds from ...
- H.R. 1956: Voluntary Protection Program Act
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2019, Roe missed 163 of 7,477 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: