Read our 2016 Report Card for Rouzer.
Our unique analysis of the bills Rouzer has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rouzer is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
David Rouzer sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Rouzer was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5015 (114th): Combat-Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act of 2016
- H.R. 5883 (114th): Clarification of Treatment of Electronic Sales of Livestock Act of 2016
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rouzer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rouzer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2419: To amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the process by which ...
- H.R. 2420: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for tax preferred ...
- H.R. 2179: Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients Act
- H.Res. 232: Recognizing linemen, the profession of linemen, the contributions of these brave men and ...
- H.R. 1721: To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to designate at least one city ...
- H.R. 1510: States’ Education Reclamation Act of 2017
- H.R. 694: Stop EPA Overregulation of Rural Americans Act
|Rouzer’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1719: John Muir National Historic Site Expansion Act
Jul 11, 2017. Passed 401/15.
H.R. 4919: Kevin and Avonte’s Law of 2016
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 346/66.
S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016
Jul 6, 2016. Passed 369/53.
The Global Food Security Act of 2016 (Pub.L. 114–195), is a law introduced on March 24, 2015 in the 114th Congress by Representative Christopher Henry "Chris" Smith (New Jersey-R) and on May 7, 2015 by Senator Robert Patrick "Bob" Casey Jr. (Pennsylvania-D), and signed by ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2017, Rouzer missed 6 of 1,763 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: