Rouzer is the representative for North Carolina’s 7th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 6, 2015. Rouzer is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Rouzer.
Rouzer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rouzer has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 22, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
David Rouzer sits on the following committees:
Rouzer was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 261 (116th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to annually designate at least one city in the United States as an “American World War II Heritage City”, and ...
- H.R. 5015 (114th): Combat-Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act of 2016
- H.R. 5883 (114th): Clarification of Treatment of Electronic Sales of Livestock Act of 2016
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rouzer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Labor and Employment (15%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Education (15%) Water Resources Development (10%) Agriculture and Food (10%) Environmental Protection (10%)
Some of Rouzer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3678: To require certain welfare programs to deny benefits to persons who fail a ...
- H.R. 3218: To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to reauthorize certain water pollution ...
- H.R. 2809: Natural Disaster Recovery Program Act of 2021
- H.Res. 325: Recognizing linemen, the profession of linemen, the contributions of these brave men and ...
- H.R. 2106: States’ Education Reclamation Act of 2021
- H.R. 895: Emergency Assistance for Rural Water Systems Act of 2021
- H.R. 8949 (116th): Natural Disaster Recovery Program Act of 2020
From Jan 2015 to Jun 2021, Rouzer missed 40 of 3,669 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: