Read our 2019 Report Card for Rouzer.
Rouzer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rouzer has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Feb 18, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
David Rouzer sits on the following committees:
Rouzer was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 261: To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to annually designate at least one city in the United States as an “American World War II Heritage City”, and for ...
- H.R. 5015 (114th): Combat-Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act of 2016
- H.R. 5883 (114th): Clarification of Treatment of Electronic Sales of Livestock Act of 2016
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rouzer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (32%) Environmental Protection (16%) Education (12%) Social Welfare (8%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Labor and Employment (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Taxation (8%)
Some of Rouzer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3012: Veterans’ Credit Protection Act
- H.R. 2834: To revise the boundaries of a unit of the John H. Chafee Coastal ...
- H.Res. 262: Recognizing linemen, the profession of linemen, the contributions of these brave men and ...
- H.R. 1930: States’ Education Reclamation Act of 2019
- H.R. 1281: Stop EPA Overregulation of Rural Americans Act
- H.R. 261: To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to annually designate at least one ...
- H.R. 6119: To remove the red wolf from the list of endangered and threatened wildlife ...
From Jan 2015 to Feb 2020, Rouzer missed 30 of 3,306 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: