Our unique analysis of the bills Satterfield sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1980. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Satterfield is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Satterfield sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Satterfield’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 754 (96th): A resolution to call on the President to declare a national emergency ...
- H.R. 7102 (96th): Veterans’ Administration Health-Care Program Amendments of 1980
- H.R. 6712 (96th): A bill to amend Public Law 95-520, to extend the deadline for ...
- H.R. 6466 (96th): A bill to amend the Clean Air Act to repeal the requirement ...
- H.R. 6227 (96th): A bill to repeal the federal requirement of incremental pricing under the ...
- H.R. 6153 (96th): Veterans Administration Physicians and Dentists Pay Comparability Act of 1980
- H.R. 5979 (96th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1965 to Dec 1980, Satterfield missed 305 of 7,131 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is better than the median of 8.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills